They are going to let me teach. . . .

A ten month journey to became an elementary school teacher, that has stretch way beyond ten months!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Will they let me teach?

I'm sorry but I have to complain just for a moment.  I went into a lot of debt this year to becoming a teacher.  Some days after eight hours of student not listening and yelling "What should I be doing?" because they were not listening, I want to cry.  But I try to remain positive because there are the moment when I get a random hug or a student starts to understand that I remember why I wanted to be a teacher.  

But does any of it matter. . . there are no teaching jobs in Oregon.  School district are even putting holds on hiring substitutes.  SIGN!  I finally decide what I want to be and then the economy takes a dive.  

Anyone looking for an over qualified babysitter?  
I will be available starting June 15, 2009.


Despite the stress of it all I am still managing to have fun.  My latest silly fun.  Finding the Ramona park in Portland and taking my picture with Risby.  I am even reading Ramona the Pest to my first grade class.  

Now it is back to my homework and I am going to try to leave the stress of my unemployment here on the blog.  It's therapeutic. 


1 comment:

Lawsy said...

I LOVE Ramona. I can't believe I've never been to that park!!

Also, you're tulip pictures are GOREGEOUS. Of course flowers can grow on farms...Why not? :)

And you'll find a job, don't worry. In Utah they let anyone substitute ;)